FAQ | BTs 2025 ISDN Switch Off
With the news that BT will be shutting down their legacy ISDN and PSTN networks, there’s been an element of panic from businesses both big and small about the impact that it will have on their internal communication networks. 64TEQ partner 8×8 answers some frequently asked questions about the shut down below:
What is ISDN?
Most technology that’s running phone systems today is either ISDN or PSTN.
ISDN stands for ‘integrated digital services network’. It’s a network of digital lines carrying voice and data (the internet) into buildings. This powers your company’s PBX system, letting everyone access both the phone and the internet simultaneously.
PSTN stands for ‘public switched telephone network’: it’s the analogue phone lines that many of us have at home.
When is ISDN being switched off?
In 2025, BT is switching off its traditional phone network: this means ISDN and PSTN lines will no longer work.
Why is it happening?
It’s old technology: BT is future-proofing communications, moving everything over to VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol).
They’re doing this because these multiple legacy systems are expensive for BT to run and maintain.
In addition, from the customer’s point of view, moving to VoIP also has advantages, such as:
- You have more flexibility over your system – with the ability to scale up and down much faster,
- You can move your phone number around with you – wherever and whenever you need.
Why is the ISDN switch-off such big news?
Because much of the UK is either unprepared or unaware of what’s going on:
- Three in four businesses are still using ISDN or PBX phone systems,
- 74% of the UK is still using this old technology,
- A third of the UK isn’t aware that it’s being turned off in 2025,
- And, from 2020, you won’t be able to purchase any more ISDN or PSTN systems from BT.
Why move to the cloud with 64TEQ & 8×8?
With phased decommissioning due to start next year, it’s an ideal moment to move your communications to the cloud.
Wrestling new functionality from your old PBX is going to be a costly and unending struggle.
You may have heard of next-generation on-premises converged communication systems: these can cost millions of pounds. Compared to cloud communications, they’re prohibitively expensive and lack the agility, functionality, and hassle-free advantages of cloud alternatives.
Moving to the cloud with 64TEQ & 8×8:
- Offers cost benefits – low CapEx and hardware requirements,
- Provides a better customer experience – including powerful analytics tools to leverage data in real-time,
- Provides flexibility and scalability,
- Offers improved functionality – including both UCaaS and CCaaS functionality and multiple customer contact channels…
- …and will help future-proof your business.
Migrating to the cloud isn’t just about being prepared for 2025, it’s an opportunity to transform your business digitally, drive innovation and meet the ever-changing demands of today’s customers.
To find out more about what Team64 can do for you, get in touch today.